Article provided by: Rebellion
Anything that can exert force to create pressure that causes the fluid to flow is called a Hydraulic pump. A Hydraulic pump converts mechanical energy into hydraulic energy. Hydraulic pumps are an essential component for fluid-driven appliances like cylinders, motors, etc.
Hydraulic Pumps Parts and Components:
Engineers create Hydraulic pumps to function as per the principle of displacement. Each hydraulic pump has mechanically closed chambers, where the fluid transfers from inlets to outlets. The closed chambers are responsible for preventing any direct link between the pump ports, causing the pump to function effectively even at high system pressures, making it suitable for hydraulics.
There is a vast range of unique designs and configurations behind the hydraulic pumps; designers manufacture each hydraulic pump according to its function and requirements. A single designed hydraulic pump cannot fulfill all the demands and requirements.
The four most common hydraulic pumps are the Gear pump, piston pump, vane pump, and Gerotor pump.
Types of hydraulic pumps:
- Gear Pumps: Gear pumps are affordable and straightforward pumps that create pressure by intertwining the gear teeth. The meshing of gear teeth pushes the fluid to go around the gears and pressurize the outlet side. Earlier the gear pumps were very loud, but with advancement, the latest gear pumps are reliable and quieter.
- Piston Pumps: piston pumps are expensive, but they can tolerate greater pressure. Along with the simple design, they require less maintenance. The input shaft’s circular movement transfers into the piston’s returning movement; when the piston draws the fluid when you suspend the piston; however, the piston releases fluid when extended. You can use a positive displacement piston pump for both gas and liquid.
- Vane pumps: vane pumps are cheaper, reliable, and efficient pumps perfect for higher-flow low-pressure output. They are quieter while operating at high speeds. Vane pumps will work impeccably for mid pressure range.
- Gerotor Pumps: The medium pressure Gerotor pumps are efficient, dependable, and quieter. Undoubtedly they are expensive, but they come with a longer lifespan as they are incredibly durable. Gerotor pumps can withstand higher pressure along with difficult fluids and extended consecutive cycles.
Why should you buy a hydraulic pump from us?
- We, at Rebellion Calibration and Torque, provide certified calibrated pumps and hydraulic torque wrench repair.
- We have qualified and highly professional employees who are there to cater to you at any time of the day for seven days a week. We are there to assist any small or large industry that depends on power wrenches. We work for oilfield, bridge construction, railways, heavy-duty mechanics, and tire shops.
- We offer hydraulic as well as manual pumps to several industries on rent too.
So if you are looking for the leading provider of calibrated hydraulic torque and pump who has years of experience, choose us. We are the top line provider and repairer of torque and pumps in Grande Prairie and Northern Alberta.
You need to get in touch with our supportive customer service to inquire about our services and hydraulic pump prices further. Contact Rebellion Calibration and Torque for the unsurpassed hydraulic torque wrench calibration and repairs: 780-897-7367